Support the development of a global initiative for an enhanced, global, sustained sea and ocean observing system.
Fostering agreements on priorities for coordinated investment
Support the development of a sustained Global Biogeochemical Argo Array by encouraging and facilitating G7 commitment for the implementation of the full-1000 float Array by 2030. This activity contributes to G7 FSOI Action Areas 1, 3, and 4.
The G7 FSOI Resource Strategy Team will work with the International BGC-Argo Mission Team and the International BGC-Argo Coordinator at OceanOPS to:
- Report on implementation progress and identify priorities for coordinated G7 investment to evolve and sustain the system.
- Identify opportunities to raise awareness at the international and intergovernmental level about the use and benefit of BGC-Argo data.
- Review and highlight data sharing infrastructure issues to ensure that data are Findable – Accessible – Interoperable – Reusable (FAIR); identify data management / sharing issues requiring specific G7 attention.
- Support the development of applications using BGC-Argo data; in particular, for carbon budget verification, fisheries management and ocean modelling and prediction.
Lead Coordination Centre Office: EU
- The Global Biogeochemical-Argo Fleet: Knowledge to Action Workshop 2021
- Biogeochemical Argo : biogeochemical-argo.org
- OceanOps : www.ocean-ops.org